Stay from just $10 per night and enjoy a hot shower, washing your clothes, and meeting old friends or making new ones. Lumsden Camping Ground offers a sheltered spot that is safe for families.
Lumsden Camping Ground is on route to Milford Sound. We are the hub of the Southern tourist routes, centred between Queenstown, Te Anau,
Invercargill (the way to Bluff, Stewart Island), the Catlins, and Gore (which heads to Dunedin).
- We never close; so you can check in any time!
- We have great kitchen facilities, with plates, cutlery, fridge, freezer, microwaves, toasters and jugs, an oven with hot plates, and plenty of space for socialising. Detergent and everything you will need to cook with is supplied.
- We have an outdoor BBQ that you can use.
- Plugs are available for charging computers, phones, or whatever electronic gadgets you are carrying.
- We have great cell phone coverage.
- There are numerous drinking water taps around the camping ground.
- The showers are hot, with good pressure. We even offer a hairdryer for the ladies. Soap supplied.
- We have two washing machines with soap powder if required, and a clothes dryer.
- We 23 powered bays for parking camper vans.
- There are 20 un-powered sites for camper-vans or tents.
- We also have cabins that you can stay in.
- We are directly adjacent to the Around the Mountains Cycle Trail. So you can ride from Kingston, Te Anau, or the South and stay with us.
- We are beside the Mataura River, which boast the best brown trout fishing in the world.
This is a peaceful paradise. Our customers say that it is a 5 star camping ground; because they love the friendly service and the price.
Lumsden Camping Ground is a sleep-in friendly, animal friendly place where you can feed the alpacas (food supplied).
10 Albion Street