Conveniently situated in the heart of Halfmoon Bay, we offer friendly, comfortable and clean accommodation at competitive prices 365 days a year. We also have a huge camping area!
Brilliant if you're going on one of the walks around the Island including one of New Zealand's Great Walks; the Rakiura Track.
Your Hosts Aaron and Carol Joy along with daughter Michaela WELCOME you to this unique and beautiful part of the world.
From the 1 October 2016 the opportunity to run the backpackers became available, a decision we quickly accepted. "the worlds your oyster"
Whether you are here to walk, fish, hunt, see the wildlife or just relax, we're open 365 days a year, any help you need; just ask!
- Fresh sheets on every bed along with a pillow, duvet and blanket
- No bunk beds and a maximum of 4 people per dorm room
- Well-stocked kitchen
- Great sunny, flat tent sites (although we can't always guarantee the sun!)
- Booking service for Stewart Island activities including Ulva Island
- Pool Table
FREE services include:
- WIFI voucher on check-in
- DVDs to watch
- awesome Bookcrossing Shelf
- jigsaws to do
- heaps of board games to borrow
- Guitar to use
- Local Phone calls (Inc Invercargill)
- BBQ use
- luggage storage
- Hairdryer/Iron/Alarm Clock to borrow
- Bedrolls to borrow when camping
- portacot to borrow
18 Ayr Street