Stewart Island is perfect for a day excursion, or an extended stay. Cross Foveaux Strait on board our express passenger catamarans. During the one-hour crossing between Bluff and Oban keep a lookout for wildlife, especially seabirds. Watching mollymawks (albatross) soaring behind the ferry is a fantastic sight.
Comprehensive commentaries provide information on the interesting landmarks commonly seen, including Dog Island Lighthouse, Ruapuke Island, the Titi Islands and Mt Anglem - Stewart Island’s highest point.
- Departures: Daily (all year)
- Duration: 1hr
- Complimentary tea and coffee on board
- Vehicle parking available at Bluff (extra cost)
- Wheelchair access available
- Coach connections available from Invercargill (all year), Te Anau (Nov – Apr) and Queenstown (Nov - Apr)
Bluff Visitor Terminal, 21 Foreshore Road