The Invercargill i-SITE Visitor Information Centre is temporarily moving to the Northend Bowling Club.
The expert team of locals at the Invercargill i-SITE are brimming with knowledge about the best things to see and do in Invercargill and throughout Southland. They have information on activities, accommodation and transport throughout New Zealand. Plus they’ll take care of the bookings for you.
- Itinerary planning and information
- Bookings (within Southland and throughout New Zealand) - transport, accommodation, activities and attractions
- Free maps, weather and safety information
- Local information - events, attractions, restaurants & more!
You'll find them at 112 Gala Street, Invercargill.
Phone +64 3 211 0895
8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday
8.30am - 4.00pm Saturday & Sunday
10.00am - 4.00pm Public Holidays
Closed Christmas Day
Banner image credit: BackpackerGuide.NZ
Southland Transport Operators
Accessible Travel Information
- Rent a Dent
- Riverside Rentals
- Executive Car Service
- Route 6 Prestige Rentals
Travelling by bus
A wide range of bus and shuttle services are available throughout Southland. The following companies provide transport links in the region:
- Bus Smart Invercargill (Public Transport)
- InterCity (Nationwide - Te Anau, Christchurch, Dunedin, Gore, Invercargill)
- Tracknet (Invercargill - Te Anau - Queenstown)
- Catch-a-Bus (Door to Door Invercargill to Bluff, Dunedin & Queenstown)
- Stewart Island Experience (Invercargill- Bluff)
Taxis and shuttles
- Blue Star Taxis +64 3 217 7777
- Invercargill Taxis +64 3 216 5995
- Gore Taxis +64 3 208 9444
- Invercargill Airport Shuttle