Southland Business Chamber & FBA bring you the Fiordland Business Support Summit
We invite all businesses to explore how to get through in the current environment. This five-day summit brings together local experts and experiences for an epic lineup of pop-up events; panels discussion and networking.
Programme of Events
All Pop-Up Events (1 hour) – Mahi (1.5 hours)
SUNDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER
- Mahi: Hooking your customers with COIN South
There are opportunities for your business each and every moment a customer interacts with your brand – from the first thing they hear about you to when they toss the packaging in the bin – Louise Evans will make sure each interaction is working as hard as it can.
- Pop Up Event: Developing a new marketing strategy with The Orange Sheep
From one of the marketing brains behind some of Southlands fastest growing brands, Simon Owen will encourage you to look at your strengths to find new ways of attracting different customers, and developing new business.
MONDAY, 27 SEPTEMBER
- Flipping problems: Creating a positive future lead by COIN South
How might we flip today's common business issues into ideas worth talking about? We invite you to this peer problem solving session to help shape Fiordland businesses to become innovative, sustainable and collaborative.
- Kick start your business
20 minute 1:1 chat with COIN South's Chief Activator to share your business idea, find next steps, connections and opportunities to grow. Appointments available between 9.30am – 12.30pm. Booking is essential.
- Pop Up Event: Finding your competitive advantage to push growth with The Orange Sheep
Simon Owen will share how to re-invent your business from the customer out, and look at the role of marketing in this journey.
- Mahi: Teamwork with HR South
Let’s have some fun with your team and understand your personality preferences with Tracey Wayte.
TUESDAY, 28 SEPTEMBER
- Pop Up Event: How BNZ can support your business
Zac Price will share how BNZ programmes can support, and help your business grow (subject to Alert level 1).
- Pop Up Event: Workplace Law Update with Copeland Ashcroft Law
Janet Copeland will outline employment law changes on the horizon including sick leave increase and minimum entitlements, immigration and accreditation changes, Privacy Act 2020, Covid-19 vaccination and H&S update.
- Pop Up Event: Getting back to business – Building resilience through COVID with Malloch McClean
Mark Doggett and Blair Evans will discuss ways that can help your business rebuild, pivot and create opportunities including business/strategic planning, cost reduction/cashflow and budgeting, and your product/service mix.
- Pop Up Event: Understanding your relationship with landlords & banks with PR Law
Gareth Davis will share his expertise around your relationship with landlords and banks, followed by Q&A.
- Panel Discussion: Building resilience through this tough time – looking after you and your business with MC Blair Evans, and a panel of local business leaders – Cameron Davies, Brad Molloy, Jane Gilder and Mark Wallace.
WEDNESDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER
- Pop Up Event: Getting back to business – Building resilience through COVID with Malloch McClean (see above)
- Understanding your business
15 minute 1:1 chat with Malloch McClean's Mark Doggett (finance), Blair Evans (team & culture) to ask how you could improve your businesses performance. Appointments available between 9.00am – 11am. Booking is essential.
- Pop Up Event: How could a temporary workforce help your business? with AWF
As businesses re-open and scale up their operations, it is difficult to determine with a high degree of certainty the labour needs. Stefan Cooper will explain how the utilisation of a temporary workforce could benefit your business.
- Pop Up Event: Working with your bank in Covid times with Westpac
Dave Anderson will explain everything you need to know to successfully work with your bank during uncertain times.
THURSDAY, 30 SEPTEMBER
- Pop Up Event: with Active Lifestyles
- In support of Mental Health Awareness Week, Get Active at Ivon Wilson Park, Te Anau with Active Southland.
- Wellbeing Webinar: How to identify risks to mental wellbeing with Stella and Laura from Healthy Families.