- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 200g grated swede
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cooking oil cup raisins or sultanas
- 1 cup crushed pineapple with juice
- Beat the eggs, oil and sour cream together in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix the sifted flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and mix well. In another bowl mix the grated swede, sultanas or raisins, walnuts and the crushed pineapple.
- Add the dry ingredients to the eggs, oil and sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Add the pineapple, grated swede, sultanas or raisins and walnuts. Pour into a 20cm greased and lined cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 1 hour 5 minutes or until cooked.
- Top with cream cheese icing.
Cream Cheese Icing ingredients
- 250 gm original cream cheese
- 50 gm butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp orange juice
- Slightly soften the cream cheese and place in a mixing bowl and beat in the softened butter.
- Gradually add the icing sugar and then the orange juice.
- Spread on the cake.
Note: Any extra can be kept in the fridge and used at a later date.