If you're looking for a healthy version of fries try this recipe for swede fries and we promise you won't be disappointed! Swedes have less than half the carbs of potatoes and are a nice change from the usual.
Ingredients (serves four):
- 2 swedes (peeled, and sliced medium)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Wash and peel rutabagas, then cut into chip-sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 200 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped swede, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Mix together using your hands under the fries are lightly coated.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, removing once or twice to stir the fries around on baking sheet.
Original Recipe by GrownUps