In Southland, there are many waterfalls to visit, some are located right off the road while others require a longer hike, but all are worth seeing.
Fiordland is also home to some breathtaking waterfalls, such as the tallest waterfall in New Zealand: Sutherland Falls (or Browne Falls depending on whose side of the waterfall debate you take) and Stirling Falls, a waterfall you can cruise into.
Fiordland waterfalls from tallest to shortest:
- Browne Falls (836 metres)
- Terror Falls (740 metres)
- Chamberlain Falls (700 metres)
- Sutherland Falls (580 metres)
- Humboldt Falls (275 metres)
- Lady Alice Falls (200 - 280 metres)
- Bowen Falls (162 metres)
- Stirling Falls (151 metres)
- Palisade Falls (55 metres)
- Helena Falls (50 metres)
Waterfalls of unknown height - but still worth a mention!